BARQ-60 ESE LIGHTNING ARRESTER
The main function of the BARQ ESE lightning protection system installed on the existing buildings is to capture a lightning stroke and then conduct discharge current safely to the ground. In some conditions, however the ESE lightning system is the only possible method to protect from direct lightning strokes. Due to the arguments mentioned above, we recommend to use the active lightning protection whenever the conventional solution is inconvenient or when the former is more preferable to the latter as in the case of the efficient protection of architectures & electrical system. The lightning discharge is initiated by so called down conductor which creates an ionized air path (downwards or upwards) between the cloud and the ground for the necessary flow of any lightning currents.
The Lightning Portection systems has four basic objectives
- To capture the lightning.
- To conduct lightning current safely to earth.
- To dissipate the lightning current in the ground.
- To provide protection against the secondary effects of lightning.
The external protection system are used for this purpose and there are 3 major types.
- ESE Lightning Protection Systems
- Faraday Cage Systems
- Franklin Rod Systems
Tested & Certified
BARQ ESE Lightning Arrester tested from international (ILAC/ISO IEC) accreditation & CPRI tested.
ACTIVE LIGHTNING ROD
|h=tip height (m)
||BARQ - 60
||BARQ - 60
||BARQ - 60
||BARQ - 60
WORKING PRINCIPAL OF BARQ ESE LIGHTNING ARRESTER
BARQ is an Early Streamer Emission (ESE) air terminal based on the electrical characteristics of lightning formation. The ESE air terminal emits a continuous upward leader with time of advance to anticipate the descent of lightning and capture it before any other object within its protection area.This feature is referred to in the regulations as the advance time of an ESE air terminal (∆T). The earlier the upward leader is triggered, the larger is the distance where the downward leader is intercepted, thus protecting a greater area against lightning (standards limit it to ∆T60μS). BARQ terminal offer the highest performance guarantees. It is manufactured in India consisting world class technological system and it is highly competent device. In a world where buildings and equipments are becoming more complex every day, lightning is a constant hazard. One discharge can damage buildings and cause failures in electronic equipments. It can even provoke fire and lead to serious financial losses.
RADIUS OF PROTECTION (RP)
The radius of protection is the distance between the point where you want to place the rod and the further point from the structure or building we want to protect for calculating the radius of protection. It is very important to get the triggering advance time value of the device.
TRIGGERING ADVANCE TIME (∆T)
The triggering advance time is defined as the difference in triggering time of an early streamer lightning rod and a simple Franklin rod. It is obtained when both rod exposed in the same atmospheric and electrical condition.
CALCULATION FOR RADIUS OF PROTECTION
Rp=√h(2D-h) + ∆L(2D+∆L) for>6m.
||ESE protected radius
||Height of Protector tip above the area to be protected.
||Triggering distance defined 2/3 by NFC 17-102, D(m)=10.0 that is 20 meter at Level 1 (99% protection) 30 meter at Level 2 (97% protection) 45 meter at Level 3 (94% protection) 60 meter at Level 4 (92% protection)
||upward leader length gain ∆L(m)=V(m/μS)X ∆T(m/μS)
- BARQ is an ESE type of 'ESE' lightning arrester that provides zonal protection in accordance with standard NF C 17- 102 : 2011.
- BARQ is a sturdy robust device made of 304L stainless steel.
- It is protected against corrosion and needs no maintenance.
- Testable Device.
- Electronic Device.
- Inside Ion Generator.
- Needs no external power source.
- Compact and easy to install.
- Warrantee for 10 years.
- Tested and certified by international (ILAC/ISO IEC) accreditation & CPRI tested.
- Large multistoried /high rise residential complexes and housing colonies. A single Protector can cover several blocks.
- Large multistoried /high rise office complexes,multiplexes, shopping malls, etc.
- Modern buildings housing IT office, BPO's and concentration of sensitive electronic and/or telecom equipments.
- Factories having PLC based controls for critical plant and machinery.
- Hospitals, Banks, Cinema Halls, Museums, Old Monuments, Schools etc.